Scott Laughlin - Sales Associate
In Real Estate, everything is personal!
I was raised in the Delaware Valley. For most of my childhood I lived in Yardley and had a typical suburban childhood. We lived in a large (at least I thought so...) house that was "brand-new" at the time and everyone knew their neighbors! A house is more than bricks & mortar, a home is made of memories. A few of my childhood memories include;
- Concord grapes growing on the fence that my Mother turned into home-made jelly
- The large screened-in porch where we slept during summer rain storms
- Our St. Bernards that loved the pool and were my own personal "riding machines"!
- Leaf forts at the curb in the Fall!
- The neighborhood soccer & baseball matches in our side yard!
- Our vegetable garden that always provided something new to eat in the summer months!
My Mother raised my Brother & me on a teacher's salary and while times were tough for a single woman raising 2 children in the 60's & 70's, we had a wonderful childhood.
Leaving public education at high school, I attended The George School and my Mother moved to a townhouse community in Newtown. While I probably did not truly appreciate the value of a Quaker education at the time, I have found its teachings to be instrumental as an adult.
I then attended Boston University, where I received a Bachelor's degree in Management, with a focus in Accounting. Leaving college and securing my first job as an "Accountant", I quickly realized that my calling was not behind a desk, but in front of a desk, selling. Within 1 year, I left that trade & began a 20+ year career in sales. Ultimately, my profession led me into large-scale, multinational corporate sales with American Express where I spent nearly 10 years leading complex, global negotiations with their Fortune 50 clients. Working for an organization like American Express, I developed a strong understanding of "the power of the brand" when it comes to marketing, and the power of working for "the leader" in their field. Both of which has proven instrumental in my decision to work for Fox & Roach (#1 in their field), in my unique approach to "branding" my own personal business & "branding" my clients' properties.
After 20 years in the corporate world, I finally decided that it was time to stop travelling 50%+ of my time, and to seek a new career path where I could actually have a direct impact in the lives of my clients. I joined Fox & Roach in August of 2006 and have loved every minute since!
In 2016, I made the personal decision to sell my 1917 carriage house in Glenside in order to purchase my dream house in my dream community, Rose Valley! I am honored to be a steward for a beautiful 1911 Arts & Crafts bungalow designed by William Lightfoot Price.
This is likely one of the most emotional professions that one could have the honor of pursuing. The business of helping people with Buying & Selling their "memories" is a very complex & stressful process that takes creativity, tenacity & compassion. It's a richly rewarding experience for me, to be a part of my clients' life & to help them transition from one home to another.
Whether you are buying or selling, you can expect the following from me;
- Passion - first & foremost!
- An honest, upfront and direct approach to making the most of our relationship
- Compassion and understanding when dealing with your personal and family affairs
- Creativity in marketing and negotiating
- Tenacity to ensure you obtain the maximum value for your investment
- Confidentiality in everything we discuss
Chairman's Circle Award Winner - 2007, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2020, 2021 & 2022
President's Circle Award Winner - 2008, 2012, 2017 & 2019
Over $170,000,000 in sales
Nearly 400 properties sold